Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Let's Talk Turkey

I made this onesie for my new great-nephew Kaiden to wear on Thanksgiving Day:


If you want to make one, here is a great tutorial that includes a downloadable free pattern.

The only thing I did differently was to cut circles from white and black fabric for the eyes and added a waddle.

While I was doing this, I discovered something awesome that I must share with you. I don't know about you, but I always have a problem peeling away the Wonder Under once I iron it to the back of my fabric. It seems like it takes forever to try to find a spot where I could start peeling it back.

As I was struggling with it during this project, I had one of those lightbulb moments. I grabbed my seam ripper and scored lightly through the Wonder Under. It was like magic!! It made a nice little tear without damaging the fabric at all, and it made it soooooooo much easier to peel away the Wonder Under.



I will definitely be using this trick from now on.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment :

bethanndodd said...

I love the waddle! And thanks for the great tip...I will definately be trying it next time I use wonder under! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Smiles~Beth