Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ric Rac Burp Cloths


This is a quick, easy project to make for a baby shower gift or whenever you need something hand-made fast!

I stole borrowed the idea from this post at Gen X Quilters. She had some cute little animal prints from a fabric panel, and she cut hers into 4 1/2" squares. I just used some extra flannel fabric I had in my stash and decided to cover the whole diaper.  I always pre-wash the diapers and fabric.


All I did was cut my fabric (it's about 4 1/2 inches wide X the length of the diaper), fuse it to the diaper with Wonder Under and then sewed 1/8" from the edge to secure it even more.

Rather than turning my ric rac under at each corner, I just cut it and then used a lighter to seal the ends. I then sewed it on with a straight stitch.

You could embellish them with ribbon if you didn't have any ric rac on hand.

Thanks so much for the great tutorial Annemarie!

2 comments :

glor said...

How very sweet, so much prettier then the cloths I used to use. Thanks for the instructions. Have a wonderful day, you've made mine!

AnneMarie said...

They look awesome Sandy! Thanks so much for letting me know - it's so nice to see someone else's take on a similar project. Happy sewing!