Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tag/Ribbon Blanket

I've seen these tag/ribbon blankets all over the internet and decided I wanted to make one. I bought a really cute kit for one at a quilt shop this weekend that has some beautiful minky fabric in it. I wanted to make one with some scrap fabric and ribbon first so that I didn't mess up the beautiful one I purchased! Here is how my trial one turned out:
Here is a photo of the back:
And up-close:


My new little kittens have adopted this blanket....


I made sure I sewed the ribbons on real good so they can't tear them off. This was a very easy, quick project that would be good for a last-minute baby shower gift.

If you Google "tag blanket" you will get all kinds of results, but I found a great tutorial here with lots of pictures and good directions.

I plan on making the kit I bought for our newest family member, our great-nephew Kael. I'll show you pictures once it's finished.

Enjoy your day! 

1 comment :

glor said...

Hi Sandy, your blanket is so cute and just adorable with your kittens. Love the zippered purses too! You asked about the pattern for what I call my grannie ripple, its from The Garden Bell and is called O.A. (Orphan Annie) Pattern and is here http://thegardenbell.blogspot.com/2010/06/dang-nab-it-oa-pattern.html I know you will love it. Can't wait to see what colors you use!